Essential oils have been used since ancient times and throughout many cultures to improve your overall health and well-being thanks to their medicinal and therapeutic benefits. Whether they are inhaled or used topically, the compounds in these oils can trigger the chemistry of the body and brain through the activation of the olfactory receptors found in the nose or through skin absorption.
Commonly used in aromatherapy, inhaling or diffusing essential oils through an aroma diffuser can uplift your mood or spirit. These techniques promote a peaceful ambience that reduces stress, calms the nerves and relieves tiredness. Apart from these, essential oils also have healing properties that improve health and boost weakened immune systems naturally. While modern medicines and treatments are more commonly known to treat such medical conditions, essential oils can do the same but without the addition of side effects that come with modern medication.
Learn More: Popular Essential Oils & Their Benefits
Here are some essential oils in Singapore that are known to help these health conditions.
Also known as atopic dermatitis, Eczema is a condition that causes dry, itchy and inflamed skin. It is usually caused by a combination of immune system activation, genetics, environmental triggers and stress. Some essential oils that are known to treat and manage eczema include
- Tea-tree - Tea-tree oil, also referred to as melaleuca oil, is thought to possess anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties that treat eczema flare-ups.
- Peppermint - Peppermint oil is commonly used for its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties, containing menthol that provides a cooling and soothing effect.
- Eucalyptus - Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that are also known to treat other medical conditions like colds, flu and fever.
- Lavender - Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory properties that are widely used to ease irritation and redness, as well as reduce skin dryness and flakiness.
Asthma is a chronic inflammatory disease that causes your airway to narrow and swell up, preventing oxygen from passing through. During an asthma attack, you may experience sudden shortness of breath, pain or tightening in your chest and wheezing which can be caused by dust, chemicals or other irritants. These essential oils are known to control asthma naturally.
- Chamomile - Chamomile oil is known for its antihistamine and anti-spasm properties that can reduce inflammation and asthma attacks until medication can be provided.
- Thyme - Thyme oil has relaxing properties that are used to expand the airways to reduce the chances of getting an asthma attack.
- Peppermint - Peppermint oil has antihistamines and decongestant properties that improve the function of your lungs.
- Lavender - Lavender oil has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation of the airways.
Flu, also known as Influenza, is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat and sometimes lungs. Common symptoms include cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, headaches and fatigue. Some essential oils that are known to help treat the flu are
- Eucalyptus - Eucalyptus oil has antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that can inactivate respiratory viruses in the air and help clear congestion.
- Peppermint - Peppermint oil has antibacterial and antioxidant properties as well as menthol that is known to suppress cough and alleviate headaches.
- Tea-tree - Tree tree oil has been found to have antiviral and antimicrobial properties that can inactivate respiratory viruses in the air.
- Cinnamon - Cinnamon oil possesses antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties that can decrease your infection rate and boost your immune system.
Hair loss usually occurs when new hair fails to replace fallen hair. It is usually caused by hereditary conditions, ageing, Alopecia areata, cancer treatments, childbirth, poor hair care and other stressors. Here are some known essential oils that can combat hair loss.
- Rosemary - Rosemary oil stimulates hair growth by dilating the blood vessels and promoting cell proliferation. They also reduce dihydrotestosterone levels in hair follicles that cause hair loss.
- Thyme - Thyme oil has anti-inflammatory properties that help slow down hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Cedarwood - Cedarwood oil regulates sebum secretion in the scalp and balances oil production to create a well-balanced scalp.
The key to good health is a strong immune system. With the powerful healing attributes of essential oils, you can protect and boost your overall immune system naturally. So, if you are looking for authentic, naturally-derived essential oils in Singapore, Kyndle has it all. Our selection of essential oils and aroma diffuser oils are made affordable without compromising on quality so you get the best of both worlds. Contact us today to know more!